Coloured noise on wake from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mstern8, Nov 24, 2016.

1. mstern8 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this question has been asked on the forum but I would appreciate some help/advice.
    I have a new 2016 13 inch touch bar macbook pro and I have noticed that sometimes when I wake the computer up from sleep (open the lid), there is coloured noise on the screen. It goes away after unlocking the computer with my print. I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this and if it is normal.

Thanks in advance!
    m.

2. Kn!ghthawk macrumors member

Based on the vague description I can only throw out a few ideas. There are a fair number of threads here about display issues on the new 2016 MBPs both 13 & 15inch versions. Some are displaying blocks/artifacts on the screen while others are flashing different colors. No one is sure if it's a hardware or software issue and it is possible even probable that there are a few different issues going on. Keep in mind it's a new product & software bugs are inevitable and that people are naturally more likely to complain about something online than praise it. You could always reach out to apple and see what they say if it continues. All of this is from scouring the forums before my 15" unit arrives next week. Best of luck!

3. dinga macrumors newbie

What do you exactly mean by noise? I can observe that the colours are sometimes quite bright (e.g. black is more like a grey), but when I turn up or down with the color brightness I will disappear after a couple of seconds. Quite strange, still not sure if it is software or hardware related...