com.apple.boot.plist i dont have it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

can anyone provide me with this file: com.apple.boot.plist, it is used for the boot logo and i don't have it for some reason. much appreciated

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your Mac has it. All Macs must have it in order to boot. Its in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/. I suggest using BootXChanger to change the boot logo. Its a bit easier then editing files.

http://namedfork.net/bootxchanger

4. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

the funny thing is i dont have it in that file either, and the app i tried and it dident work

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your Mac does indeed have one. Without it, your Mac wouldn't boot at all. Do you by chance have a non-Apple machine running Mac OS X?

6. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

No actually. The app didn't work in the first place so i went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ (it wasn't in there). Once i downloaded the file and stuck it in there the app then worked. And yes i tried several times and it wouldn't work so it wasn't something i did wrong in the first place. Before asking if anyone her had it i searched google and its a common problem.