com.apple.geod never respond?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jojolafrite, Sep 24, 2014.

1. jojolafrite macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the geo localization process com.apple.geod in Yosemite that never respond. And when i deactivate it in Icloud, my computer starts to be faster. Are there other people who have the same issue?

thank you.

2. hp79 macrumors newbie

This is my experience with non-beta / full release.

I don't know if it makes my laptop start faster or not, but I turned off mine by going in to "System Preference" > "Security & Privacy" > and disable "Location Services" under "Privacy" tab.
    After I did that, no more stupid non-responding process.

I really wonder if Apple even tested these things before they rolled out the update. I thought I was having this problem because I did an upgrade from Mavericks instead of a clean install, so I tried a clean install, and still had this.

Looks like a lot has changed with Yosemite, so I would still do a clean install if I had a choice to do it over again.

I have a rMBP13 last year model with Haswell.

3. hp79 macrumors newbie

I did a clean install with 10.10.1 and still the same stupid problem. I didn't even use AppleMaps, or find my iphone stuff. Disabled location service in Safari too. It still shows up as frozen process once in a while whenever it's there in the Activity Monitor.