Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sWiFt24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
It seems like El Capitan has an error where it allocates over 30 GB of physical and virtual ram to process com.apple.sbd which handles iCloud transmissions sending the memory into critical usage. The fix is to kill the process using activity monitor...heres the catch..I have to do that every single time I wake it up. Its such a killer bug that needs to be fixed before full release. Anyone else have this issue?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
It seems like El Capitan has an error where it allocates over 30 GB of physical and virtual ram to process com.apple.sbd which handles iCloud transmissions sending the memory into critical usage. The fix is to kill the process using activity monitor...heres the catch..I have to do that every single time I wake it up. Its such a killer bug that needs to be fixed before full release. Anyone else have this issue?
You should be filing a bug report via bugreport.apple.com instead of posting it here. Attach a sysdiagnose log while you're at it.

Reactions: Cisco_Kid and ABC5S

sWiFt24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
You should be filing a bug report via bugreport.apple.com instead of posting it here. Attach a sysdiagnose log while you're at it.
Already did, just wanted to see if this was just an isolated event.

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I had this. It's related to iCloud; if you sign out of iCloud and reboot the problem goes away and you can sign back in.

sWiFt24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
I had this. It's related to iCloud; if you sign out of iCloud and reboot the problem goes away and you can sign back in.
Did this about 3 times, still comes back every now and then but I think it was just kinda a random thing

bhansmeyer

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
Nebraska
I'm experiencing this too. Like others, I've just been killing the process after waking from hibernation. I submitted a bug report last week but it was marked as a duplicate, so hopefully they'll have a fix for this soon!

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
As below

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 18.56.03.png

My fans were going crazy and the process com.apple.sbd was using loads and loads of memory (and there really was nearly 36GB of swap files created). Rebooted and it seems OK again now, but that's definitely a bug :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.