Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jodelbua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I deleted all of my data from my iPhone via the manual delete on the iPhone (not iTunes). The battery was fully charged and the iPhone placed into Airplane mode before shutting it off. The iPhone was taken out of the US and now the iPhone will not start. The original AT&T SIM card was not touched. Apple’s reset protocol does not work and plugging the iPhone into another Mac it is not recognized via iTunes either. Any comments/suggestion and or recommendations as to how to get my iPhone out of its coma would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

jodelbua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Re: Comatose iPhone

Taken out of the US meant to say physically taken to Europe for confirmed sale. iPhone was neatly packed and hand-carried.

Thanks, Chris

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Erm, your lost contacts? Who are you? I'm lost.

This is just a way to get the phone operating properly (with luck) again. It should delete all your information from the phone. But once it starts working correctly, assuming all your contacts are on your Mac or PC, then yes, they will get synced again when you connect it to iTunes and sync it.

jodelbua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Re Comatose iPhone II

Thanks for helpful reply, especially Mohan. FYI, iPhone is at friends' house who won't return until June 5th to try your suggestions. I, the owner am in Argentina. Will inform results. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.