Combine 3-4 DVDs (vobs) to one DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spinnerlys, Apr 28, 2009.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

At work I recorded the episodes of a candid camera show we produce to several DVDs (one episode, one DVD) with an external DVD recorder.

To give the shows away they now have to be combined to less DVDs (now there are 13).

Is it possible, to use the already existing DVDs, rip them to the HDD, then combine them using some other method onto one DVD and have each show accessible through one menu?

One show is about 23 minutes long, and one DVD contains 800MB to 1.3GB of data in the Video_TS folder.

Thanks in advance.

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

The most popular option would be Toast Titanium ($80) or Handbrake (free).

Toast lets you extract contents of non-copy-protected DVDs then lets you compile and encode them into one DVD. Handbrake will merely extract and convert DVD contents as H.264 or other formats (which will need to be imported into iDVD or other tools).

3. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks, I had a feeling Toast could do it, I just oversaw the Video_TS folder compilation option.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

sorry for the sort of late reply, but you could just open the VIDEO_TS movies with Visual Hub and join them, there is a setting in there to join videos.

if that doesnt work, rip them with handbrake THEN join the movies (or use iMovie/QuickTimePro if you dont want to pay for VisualHub).

5. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks, but those episodes need to be separated.

And Toast wouldn't do it either.
    I dragged 3-4 Video_TS folders onto Toast, clicked Burn and Okay until the Window gets smaller, and then Toast just crashed.

So now I went the longer road with Demuxing via MPEG Streamclip and DVD Studio Pro.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Wow that was a long way! Hope it worked out ok for you.

7. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

Demuxing .vob to .ac3 and .m2v didn't take that much time, but the path to that took its time.
    First I used MPEG Streamclip to encode 12 episodes to .dv, only to find out that the audio was to big. When converting the audio to .ac3, video and audio where out of sync.
    Gladly I found the Demuxing option, and now only making the menu took the most time.

What the hell, I learned something. That is all that matters.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

sounds like a very efficient way to get .vob into something more computer friendly! looks like ive found something to tinker with.

goodluck with it all!