Combine AT&T Bills iPhone4/iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iphone1105, Dec 2, 2010.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hey, tried searching here and att.com, but the results are always sketchy. Can someone clarify, can I tie these accounts together and lump them together and pay them both at once under my main iPhone account. I am getting a 3G iPad for Xmas, and was hoping to just tie both data bills to my account and bypass always having to have seperate payments...thanks, I figured the unlimited on my phone, and 2GB limit on my iPad should surely be okay! hehehe

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

While you can always ask AT&T, I don't think you can. iPad 3G is not tied to any contract. Your iPhone is.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why didn't you call AT&T?

4. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

That's what I figured

When I did call, they got confused with me, normally their CS is great, but they kept asking if I wanted to add a line and that wasn't what i wanted...:)

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

I doubt it; it's effectively a different product (doesn't relate to their wireless phones - even though it associates with a phone number). And on the iPad, it functions like a parking meter, you pay up front and it stays in effect until the time/usage runs out. There's no "billing period" so I don't think their accounting system would handle it. Your cell phone period is consistent every month. With the iPad you start it on whichever date you want to start it and it continues for the selected period. You can then skip a week, a day or a month and restart whenever you want it again.