Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nitrex88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
I'm looking for a way to combine separate audio files in one audio file. The starting separate files i can have are WAV or CAF (doesnt matter to me) and I would like to stitch them together into one file such as MIDI or anything other file type thats possible. So does anyone know of any way i can create a program to do this. I'm very knowledgeable in Objective-C audio development I just need some advice where to start with this one. Thanks!

Nick

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I'm looking for a way to combine separate audio files in one audio file. The starting separate files i can have are WAV or CAF (doesnt matter to me) and I would like to stitch them together into one file such as MIDI or anything other file type thats possible. So does anyone know of any way i can create a program to do this. I'm very knowledgeable in Objective-C audio development I just need some advice where to start with this one. Thanks!
You could do it using Core Audio by manipulating the raw data, but that's probably a PITA. It might be a lot easier to use QuickTime, either with QTKit or with QuickTime Player Pro via AppleScript. For example, I know it's pretty easy to just paste a bunch of QuickTime files (including audio) together in QT Player and then export as one movie or sound file. Is this something for personal use or a user application?

Nitrex88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
I need to implement this into my already existing iPhone application or create a desktop application to go along with my iPhone app that can do it. Ill look into QTKit, i never heard of that. Thanks for the tip and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.