Combining discounts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Thevadj, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Thevadj macrumors newbie

I'm looking at the 13" mb pro 2.66 ghz. Which starts at $1500. Is this possible?

My cousin's wife's brother [that's cousin-in-law right?] works at the apple store. (15% off there). I have an old dead 1st gen G5 1.6 PPC. Recycle discount is 15% too. My mom works at a school, and my dad has a university ID. ($100 educator discount). I'm going to be starting college (annual ipod+computer deal). Then there's the free printer too (~$100).

Anyone think I can pull that^^ off? If you subtract out $200 for the ipod and $100 for the printer, that'd put it at $700 for the computer :D At that price I'd be very much willing to rub it in my mac-hating friend's face :p

4 year old blackbook says I don't need apple care--done it all myself. Already replaced the LCD, fixed the fan, swapped the drive and now i have two 3 year old batteries. The 512 megs of ram, and intel GMA950 (overclocked btw) is killing me and I just don't think its gonna cut it for another 4 years. I can't edit 36 megapixel images in PS CS4, and when I boot Win 7, it laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggssssss when you adjust the screen brightness, or open anything lol.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No. You can't combine discounts. Most things say something like "Cannot be combined with any other promotion" or something like that.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Discounts can't usually be combined as miles stated. Anyway, get the 2.4GHz 13" MBP, it's better bang for your buck

4. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

Yup you cant combine. IF you combine all of that its like almost half off (would be cool).