Geektool Combining Fonts in OS X (Also Geektool Help?!)

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by cambookpro, Aug 18, 2013.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,

It's only small, but I made an iOS 7-esque Geektool time for my Desktop on my Mac. It was all going great, until I realised that the time Apple used isn't just in Helvetica Neue; they uses some other font (Avenir Next is my guess) for the separating colon:

[​IMG]

To solve this, I had the time in Helvetica N and the colon separately. But of course, as the time transitions to double digits, the colon is out of place.

So is there either a) a way to combine two fonts in one Geektool shell, or b) a way to combine the letter/number elements of Helvetica Neue with the punctuation of Avenir Next in one typeface?

I'm at a loss of where to start here. Any help would be very much appreciated :)

2. yetiboy macrumors member

The only suggestion I can think of is to have the hours right justified and minutes left justified (ie. 2 separate scripts). At least that would keep the numbers and colon aligned. Unfortunately, it will screw up the centering on your date though. Realistically though, I think you need to find a font that will allow you to have both numbers and colon at the same time so that this isn't an issue.

yeti