Combining iMovie HD clips together

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. MacBook, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Mr. MacBook macrumors 6502

Hey,

I'm new to this stuff, and me and my friends have been making some videos with actual "decent" acting, but we want to put credits, as we might start a series via YouTube.

How can we attatch the credits to the end of a clip?

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I'm not the biggest fan of iMovie HD, I think its pretty crap and tedious to use.

There is other alternatives, but cost money..

3. The Truth macrumors regular

You can just create the credits "heading" at the end of your timeline.
    OR
    if you have already created the credits sequence in a different project, then export it to the desktop in full quality and drag it into the episode project.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Is there an award for useless, pompous posts?

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Not sure what "pretty crap" is, but as far as being "tedious to use" I couldn't disagree more.. It's actually quite easy to use, and when you experiment with it you'll find you can do some very interesting things with it- not dull or boring at all.. Sure FCE is better, but iMovie is a pretty good little app- it does what it does rather well..

6. foz405 macrumors member

foz405

WORKING IN iMovie

Well, I've been bringing in music video clips and editing these, and building titles etc then exporting to iDVD. Sure iMovie has some holes, but it does most of what I want except bringing in an audio track and synchronising it to the movie as well as modifying the pitch. Maybe the new versions of iMovie are better than the one I have.
    In any case, if you can find a book called Making a Movie in iMovie and iDVD by Jeff Carlson - it's one of the Visual Quick Project books by Peachpit Press - it'll help immensely.
    :)