Combining Mac OS X Server forum with Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by celticpride678, Jun 13, 2011.

1. celticpride678

Since with Mac OS X Lion, there is no longer a separate "Server" version, would it be best to combine the Server forum with the general Mac OS X forum?

Thoughts?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I say no. There are many people that won't be upgrading their older Mac OS X Servers to Lion and they may want the Server section. It's also good for those that install the Server app for Lion.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Even if magically every Mac OS X Server updated to Lion, I wouldn't want threads about server configuration, issues, services, etc mixed in with the general OS discussion.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

That's how I'm looking at it. It switches from "OS X Server OS" to "OS X Server App". I think the separation still makes sense.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Even if it was renamed we'd keep the separate forum, since it's also for networking issues.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

From Apple's press release:
    Mac OS X Lion will be available in July as an upgrade to Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard from the Mac App Store for $29.99 (US).

Mac OS X Lion Server requires Lion and will be available in July from the Mac App Store for $49.99 (US).​