Combining multiple photos to one

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by pault587, Feb 11, 2009.

1. pault587 macrumors newbie

Hi I make wood crafts, sometimes I take multiple pictures of an item from different angles. I want to crop and combine these multiple photos into one. I have the cropping tool in iPhoto but where or how do I combine these? Right now I move these to my windows machine use paint and move them back. There has to be free tool for the iMac also.... thanks for your help.

PT

2. pault587 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Also try Seashore. GIMP's interface is like Photoshop, which may be really confusing for most people. Seashore is based on GIMP, but simplifies things a lot. It's not as powerful as GIMP, but does it always have to be powerful to get the job done?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

If you are looking for a free image editor. Yes Gimp or Gimp derivatives are good. But your usage is so simple that those are overkill. Any word processor that allows you to add photos would work. Open a blank page and then drop in the images. I'm trying to remember if Textedit allows this ?? Open Office is a free office suite and it has pllenty of tools in there that would do what you need.

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

good point. it's time to open up that keynote trial ;)