Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pault587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Hi I make wood crafts, sometimes I take multiple pictures of an item from different angles. I want to crop and combine these multiple photos into one. I have the cropping tool in iPhoto but where or how do I combine these? Right now I move these to my windows machine use paint and move them back. There has to be free tool for the iMac also.... thanks for your help.

PT

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Also try Seashore. GIMP's interface is like Photoshop, which may be really confusing for most people. Seashore is based on GIMP, but simplifies things a lot. It's not as powerful as GIMP, but does it always have to be powerful to get the job done?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi I make wood crafts, sometimes I take multiple pictures of an item from different angles. I want to crop and combine these multiple photos into one. I have the cropping tool in iPhoto but where or how do I combine these? Right now I move these to my windows machine use paint and move them back. There has to be free tool for the iMac also.... thanks for your help.

PT

If you are looking for a free image editor. Yes Gimp or Gimp derivatives are good. But your usage is so simple that those are overkill. Any word processor that allows you to add photos would work. Open a blank page and then drop in the images. I'm trying to remember if Textedit allows this ?? Open Office is a free office suite and it has pllenty of tools in there that would do what you need.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
If you are looking for a free image editor. Yes Gimp or Gimp derivatives are good. But your usage is so simple that those are overkill. Any word processor that allows you to add photos would work. Open a blank page and then drop in the images. I'm trying to remember if Textedit allows this ?? Open Office is a free office suite and it has pllenty of tools in there that would do what you need.

good point. it's time to open up that keynote trial ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.