Combining TV Shows in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by isthisonetaken, Aug 13, 2009.

1. isthisonetaken macrumors regular

Hey all,

so I purchased the season pass to the CFL Follow Your Team 6 weeks ago. Other than it taking a few days for the games to show up, everything was going fine. However, this past weeks game, game 6, downloaded into its own folder in the TV Shows section. Now I have the first 5 games in one folder,and game 6 in another folder, and using get info everything seems to be the same other than the name, which is week 6 and all the others are week 1-5. I emailed Apple support, but they were less than helpful.

Any ideas?

If it helps, I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.7, iTunes 8.2.1. I downloaded the first part of the episode on an open connection because my internet modem was broken for a day, and finished downloading the episode when my modem was fixed.

If I delete the episode, will I be able to download it again, since I have a season pass?

Finally, I'll let you guys know what happens when tonight's game is ready and downloaded and see where it ends up.

2. McShizzel macrumors regular

I'm 99% certain that this has something to do with your meta tag info (a.k.a. the info under "Get Info"). Make sure that the appropriate info is the same usually under the "Info" tab the only things that are different are the Name and Track Number, also make sure that the items under the "Sorting" tab match with the exception of the Name.

I've had these problems before either with videos that I brought into iTunes myself and once with a TV series I bought off iTunes. It might take some trial and error before you get it to work.

As for deleting the file I wouldn't suggest it because chances are 1) you would get the same problem again because it seems like Apple is mis-infoing the file and 2) you will have to e-mail Apple to ask them to allow you to redownload the file which they may not let you do.

3. isthisonetaken thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks McShizzle, I'll give that a try tomorrow when I'm back at my iMac. Hopefully it works, I'll let you know.