Combining VIDEO_TS folders onto 1 DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Doc Horrorshow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Doc Horrorshow macrumors member

Doc Horrorshow

I have material on two DVDs which I'd like to put together on a single DVD without re-encoding. I'm using a 2015 MacBook and have Toast Titanium. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Snappers macrumors member

Use this program, DVD2oneX2. You have to pay for it, but it is worth it.

3. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

If you have MPEG Streamclip, you can open a movie in its VIDEO_TS folder, then perform a "Convert to MPEG" which rewraps the transport stream into a program stream file with a ".mpeg" suffix. Do that with your second DVD too. You can then burn both to a DVD using Toast. I have Toast 8 and I drop MPEG files onto Toast in the "Video -> DVD-Video" section and then burn away.

Note: the total file size of both movies needs to fit on one blank DVD or Toast will have to re-encode the videos to fit them on. You don't want that to happen.

Note 2: of course you need Apple's MPEG2 decoder component on your system for MPEG Streamclip to work its magic on MPEG2 files. I assume everyone has it, though I understand that's not always the case.

4. Doc Horrorshow thread starter macrumors member

Doc Horrorshow

Thanks. So no re-encoding at all, subject to the rules you stated? I'm using a Mac running El Capitan which is supposed not to need the MPEG2 decoder component but when I try to open a DVD in MPEG Streamclip, it asks for it. Any clues?