Combining VOB's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by giyad, Oct 21, 2007.

1. giyad macrumors regular

Hi,

I made a backup of my DVD with MTR (Mac The Ripper) , but the output folder is full of the VOB files, which means to play it on my computer I have to play each file separately. How should I go about combining them into one file, and should I go with *.avi or *.mpg? I was reading up on Handbrake and it seems like it can do the trick but I haven't tested it, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

DVD Player is intelligent enough to play from a folder. Just point it to the video_ts folder you created and DVD Player will play back in order with menu's etc.

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I actually just found this out by accident about 2 weeks ago and been using a Mac for a year and a half. I was amazed. :)

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I think it wasn't in the original version of DVD Player but was silently added with a system patch.

5. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I didn't know that. However, even so, I would prefer to have one file rather than a folder filled with a bunch of VOB's. So still, do you know anyway to do that?

6. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

OSex can rip to a single VOB.

Also MtR can too I think, you have to change the mode...maybe to 'titleset'?