Comcast 16 mbps cable service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Music_Producer, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Anyone have this? Reviews? I was looking at this online, seems really tempting for $54 a month (considering there is no verizon fios service in my area)

Do speeds really go up to 16 mbps or are they 8-9 and advertised as 16?

Edit - Sorry! Charter Service! not comcast

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Do you already have Charter? If not, stick with what you currently have. Charter is absolute crap. Crap crap crap crap crap!

As of Monday, AT&T U-Verse was available at my house. The minute I got home from work I called to get an installation appointment set up, too bad they can't come out until December. I don't know how good or bad U-Verse is, but it definitely cannot be any worse than Charter.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I would think that under ideal circumstances they can get 16 Mbps, but whether or not you'll ever hit those ideal circumstances is a crapshoot.

We just got the fiber in our neighborhood and had U-verse installed a couple weeks ago. Only a few minor issues so far, one of which was completely baffling, but fairly common. Our LCD TV was interfering with the remote in our main room. Finally turned off the energy saver and it's been solid. We don't have HD programming, yet, but it will probably be added in the near future.

The Total Home DVR is awesome, although there are very minor issues I've run into with watching a show while it's recording and catching up to the live feed killing the channel itself in the room I'm watching but it came back after resetting the box, it's definitely an improvement when my wife and I can offset our TV shows, or even watch the same show at different offsets due to kids not going to sleep at exactly the same time.

The 10 Mbps internet is truly that, I've actually seen downloats at 1.2+ MBps and the uploading is nice and speedy too (nice since we just upgraded our digital camera and our pics are now larger). Of course we got a sweet deal on the 10 mbps internet due to the door to door sales in our neighborhood but I'll take it.

Even called today and got some stuff that wasn't properly bundled and will end up with more channels+movie channels for the next 6 months + unlimited long distance on our home phone for $13.50 less per month, all because I called questioning our latest bill and the DSL cancellation that had supposedly happened.