Comcast Installer Wizard crashes... how to set up my cable modem?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by spaceballl, Oct 17, 2007.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi there,

We just got our comcast cable activated, and the program crashes my mac - it won't let us access the internet until we get the modem configured using the "Comcast Installer Wizard" - anyone have any ideas??

-Kevin

I've rebooted a few times and kept trying

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I don't believe there's anything to configure on the modem, do you have a router?

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Isn't the Comcast Installer Wizard a Windows application ?

4. baummer macrumors 6502a

Are you using a router, or just trying to hook up your Mac to your cable modem? What happens when you hook up your cable modem to the cable in the wall, and then take the ethernet cable and hook it to your Mac. This should work. If not, you'll have to call them so they can activate your modem's MAC address on their network.

5. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I had this happen and had to call customer service and ask that the "walled garden" be removed from my account/modem. Otherwise you can't get past their internal setup site. Pretty annoying. I couldn't even get the wiz to run on a windows machine.

6. MrMoore macrumors 6502

There is a Mac version also. But like the OP, mine kept crashing. The ComCast tech was out there to install (cable, internet, phone) and he used his Windows laptop to get it registered.

There is some registration the program goes through to activate the service, after that you can connect a router, PC, or Mac with no issues.

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I know what your talking about now.The Comcast Installer Wizzard isn't a UB I don't think.

Do what I did.

I told the installer I had a Mac and he just pulled out a modem that had already been commissioned.

If you tell Comcast in advance they will bring one like that.