Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Hi there,

We just got our comcast cable activated, and the program crashes my mac - it won't let us access the internet until we get the modem configured using the "Comcast Installer Wizard" - anyone have any ideas??

-Kevin

I've rebooted a few times and kept trying

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Hi there,

We just got our comcast cable activated, and the program crashes my mac - it won't let us access the internet until we get the modem configured using the "Comcast Installer Wizard" - anyone have any ideas??

-Kevin

I don't believe there's anything to configure on the modem, do you have a router?

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Hi there,

-Kevin

Are you using a router, or just trying to hook up your Mac to your cable modem? What happens when you hook up your cable modem to the cable in the wall, and then take the ethernet cable and hook it to your Mac. This should work. If not, you'll have to call them so they can activate your modem's MAC address on their network.

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
I had this happen and had to call customer service and ask that the "walled garden" be removed from my account/modem. Otherwise you can't get past their internal setup site. Pretty annoying. I couldn't even get the wiz to run on a windows machine.

MrMoore

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
Arlington Heights,IL
Isn't the Comcast Installer Wizard a Windows application ?

There is a Mac version also. But like the OP, mine kept crashing. The ComCast tech was out there to install (cable, internet, phone) and he used his Windows laptop to get it registered.

There is some registration the program goes through to activate the service, after that you can connect a router, PC, or Mac with no issues.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I know what your talking about now.The Comcast Installer Wizzard isn't a UB I don't think.

Do what I did.

I told the installer I had a Mac and he just pulled out a modem that had already been commissioned.

If you tell Comcast in advance they will bring one like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.