Comcast Internet not working on Windows 7 on Parallels 6

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PaulMcEnki, Aug 14, 2012.

1. PaulMcEnki macrumors newbie

Cannot connect wirelessly to Internet from Windows 7 virtual machine running on Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac

I have a MacBook Pro, running Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, where I run a Windows 7 virtual machine.
    The MacBook Pro, with Mac OS X 10.6.8 can connect just fine to the Internet.
    The Windows 7 virtual machine, can connect to the internet, if I am using the Ethernet connection on the Mac. However, it CANNOT connect to the internet when I am using the AirPort on the Mac.

I still have my Verizon FIOS service, as I have not terminated the Verizon contract until everything is working fine on Comcast.

I can switch the Airport to use the FIOS wireless, and everything works - both Mac internet access and Windows 7 internet access.

When I switch the Airport to the Comcast wireless, Mac internet access works, but Windows 7 shows no internet connection. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing helps.

Has anyone else run into this? What's the secret sauce here?

Thanks in advance for any tips. Comcast support has not been helpful.

2. PaulMcEnki thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anybody here have Windows 7 running on Parallels Desktop 6 on the Mac, and able to run access the internet on both the Mac and on the Windows 7 VM at the same time, over wireless?

3. paddyr macrumors newbie

I have Parallels 7 with Windows 7 on an iMac with Mountain Lion. All used to work fine in bridged mode wireless and wired when I was with Qwest.

However, since I have moved and have switched to Comcast using their modem /router I cannot connect my Windows 7 in Parallels to the internet (I have similar problems to other bridged devices). A workaround is to use Shared network connection in Parallels but this then causes problems for me with wifi printer I have etc.

Solution! Ditch the comcast modem router and get a cable modem and a router of your own that are configurable and manageable and give you vendor support (unlike comcast)