Comcast mail not working in MAIL(mac) how do i set it up right??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by appleiphone3g11, Dec 31, 2008.

1. appleiphone3g11 macrumors newbie

hello,
    i am using MAIL in mac. i am using a macbook pro and i want to set up my comast.net mail. i set it up before and now its not working. i changed something and now i have no idea what i am doing.

can someone please help me with what port number do i use, i have been trying like a lot of them from other websites and they dont seem to work.

what is the outgoing and incoming, and the port number and all the settings. i have never had this comcast mail working correctly. when i first set it up i would have to "refresh" the MAIL all the time so it would get my mail. i can not recieve or send mail anymore.
    CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! I AM STUCK AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

thank you so much!

Sincerely,

iphone3gbaby11 :) thank you guys so much. please let me know!

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Comcast doesn't use any non-standard ports for email. Just use the defaults. Comcast actually has setup information for Apple Mail on their support site.

3. ZMacintosh macrumors 6502a

ZMacintosh

are you using the latest mail.app? leopard?

because i use comcast.net mail in Mail.app and all i did was enter my email address and password and it had a check box that said automatically set up for ISP Accounts and it worked fine.

otherwise, i think Comcast.net just uses its own ports, non-standard

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Make sure you've got the right type of account selected- POP or IMAP- in the account settings.