Come on Apple give us 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by needthephone, Aug 19, 2008.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I am admit the biggest apple fan boy but I am becoming frustrated waiting for 2.1

But it is so so buggy even after the 2.02 update I still get freezes and crashes using safari, the ipod and when trying to do something while an app is loading.

2. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

You have a defective phone...I have yet to see a freeze or locking when using apps with Safari or the Ipod function...Maybe it is the messed up app you are using. Not all the apps are stable...

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'll agree that not all apps are stable, but the notion that the hundreds of reports of software glitches all indicate defective phones is silly. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the handful of people who claim no glitches are either not noticing them, or think they're normal, or are not pushing their phones very hard...visiting few graphic intensive websites, no large music files, few photos, etc.

If software glitches = defective phones, then Apple would exchange them. They do not. They tell you to hold tight for an update.

4. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

maybe but I get iPod crashes and today it was playing but despite checking the volume was up no sound was heard . I had to reboot to get it working.

As I say though I forgive apple and on balance love this thing buy I know people where I work who are fast loosing patience and alas to say I've seen two other iPhones with cracks despite me thinking this must be an urban myth.

I'm seriously worried apple could be causing themselves irepairable damage to their fine reputation.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So instead of waiting for them to do it right, you want Apple to rush a buggy update that won't fix anything?

In that case, here's what you do:

1. Go into Settings -> General -> About

2. Find where it says "Version"

3. Grab a Sharpie Marker.

4. Black out the ".0.2" and write ".1" above it.

TA DA! You now have 2.1, exactly as it would have been if Apple had issued it instead of 2.0.2 yesterday. :D

Moral of the story: people were getting so much in a snit, that the folks at Apple felt they had to release something, because we're all impatient. So they did. This is the result.

I'd rather Apple take their time and release a GOOD update than waste their time and ours pushing out half baked incrementals.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yeah Apple, my iPhone is crashy so please send me an even more immature firmware because I want it to crash even more than it does now!! :rolleyes: