Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RL600

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Palm Beach, Florida
What is Apple thinking? I know my iPhone 3G can do video and voice control. But we get neither. I can sorta-kinda understand the video thing, not enough processing speed, blah blah blah. But no voice control? WTF ARE THEY THINKING? They are so obviously cheating us out of applications that our phones are completely able to handle just to sell more phones. Didnt they say they've sold 40,000,000 of them?! Come on give it a rest and stop being so greedy and make the consumers freaking happy!

AustinSTI

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
What is Apple thinking? I know my iPhone 3G can do video and voice control. But we get neither. I can sorta-kinda understand the video thing, not enough processing speed, blah blah blah. But no voice control? WTF ARE THEY THINKING? They are so obviously cheating us out of applications that our phones are completely able to handle just to sell more phones. Didnt they say they've sold 40,000,000 of them?! Come on give it a rest and stop being so greedy and make the consumers freaking happy!

Its probably something the faster hardware enables...

I'm sure someone will figure out how to get it onto a 3G phone from the dev team or something...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Its probably something the faster hardware enables...

I'm sure someone will figure out how to get it onto a 3G phone from the dev team or something...

Its a marketing measure to ensure people go to the next generation. We already have people bitching it wasn't enough of a wow update, so why would they give even less reason to upgrade?

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida

It really does sound like a Microsoft move.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Its the same as not putting MMS on the 1st iPhone basically.

It is a tool to get you to upgrade because a bit faster, a tad more batter, and a compass, are not enough to get you to.

OriginalMasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
No Voice control in OS 3.0 iPhone 3G (not S)?

This is utter bullshxt. EVEN MY TMOBILE DASH RUNNING windows mobile 6.1 had voice dial, voice control, and can read back what mp3 was playing in the media player. How can the current iPhone 3G NOT support this?

I truly hate AT&T. GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY company - and MMS is not available? This is just STUPID. No MMS on the 2G is also stupid.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Most likely something left out to distinguish the 3G and 3GS. Knowing Apple, it might me available around 3.2 or 3.3 or so. *shrugs*

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Is one of those features that you find in older phones and wonder why it can't be integrated in the "phone that changed everything."

sixmac

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
There is no reason why it couldn't have this, there are apps for voice dialling (sometimes when driving i use it, although not as good as the official apple one looks it gets the job done). The 3G iphone could do it, i think apple just needed one more feature the 3GS had over current 3G, to make it look like more of a jump in tech. Personally i don't think the new phone is really worth updating over the 3G model unless you love making poor quality videos on a phone. Once 3G's have been well and truly discontinued suddenly this feature will be made available 3G iphone.

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
It really does sound like a Microsoft move.
Actually, Microsoft has ensured that older generation models always get the same software with new releases, the only setback is that sometimes there's new hardware that older generations don't have, like the squircle. And it's free!

May I point you in that direction?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.