Come to the new Apple Store, Cherry Hill

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Reflow, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Is anyone on planning on going to the New Apple store in Cherry Hill NJ? I'm going to try to make it if I can. Is anyone else excited about this opening..?
    Grand opening is March 29 @ 10:00am

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

It's weird that there's another one so close (Marlton)....usually Apple stores are kind of few and far between.

But hey, the more the merrier :)

3. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

God I hate the one in Marlton. It's over crowed and they are rude. The one I really like in the one in Christina Mall in DE.

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah, it really is always crowded. But because the new one's in the mall, it's probably going to be the same or worse.

5. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Most likely, oh where about are you in NJ?

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Yes I am definitely going. I found out they were building it a few weeks ago and got an email from Apple yesterday saying the official opening is Sunday at 10. I have nothing to buy but I want a shirt and i want to tinker around with an Air if possible (or even just feel it :p). I have to say that I don't mind the Marlton store itself, but it's location in the Promenade is a pain, pretty inconvenient and I hate that center in general.

I am sort of surprised that they built this one also because the Best Buy in the East Gate center now has a mini Apple section in it... Plus they began constructing a store in the Cherry Hill mall a couple of years ago and then pulled out... Oh well it's real now so that doesn't matter anymore :D

7. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

I think you meant Saturday not Sunday

The Apple Store, Cherry Hill, opens its doors at 10:00 a.m., March 29.
    Come to the new Apple Store, Cherry Hill, and bring your curiosity. It’s the place to test-drive any Mac or iPod, experience iPhone, and catch free workshops for all the latest Mac tips and tricks. When you get there, find our Concierge in the blue shirt. They’re your guide to everything, from checking in for an appointment to instant checkout. And if you’re one of the first 1000 visitors, you’ll get a free Apple T-shirt.

8. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I like the marlton store. partly because its so convenient, but mostly because I get great service there. their service has been great for the many, many issues ive had over the years. I just dropped off my MacBook yesterday for another logicboard replacement and it will be ready for pick up saturday. not bad considering it blew at 2:00 AM Wednesday morning.

I hope they don't decide to close marlton. I hate fighting that whole rt 38 traffic. not too mention dealing with the whole mall crowds.

I'll definitely check it out sometime tomorow though

9. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

We are deffinitely not closing Marlton. I will be there in the morning but have to leave pretty quick to get to my shop. Hopefully they will let me have a shirt :rolleyes: .
    Kevin :apple:

10. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. Since now I have to go the VA, oh well if anyone get a shirt and would like to sell it LMK as I like to have one. Oh yeah XL would be great.....

11. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

Ugh. I live exactly halfway between Marlton and King of Prussia, they should be building one in Bucks County instead of one that's 10 minutes from Marlton :mad:

There's even a fancy new shopping center in Warrington, looks alot like the Promenade where the Apple store's located in Marlton, would've been a perfect location. Apple, you listening??

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

which one will you be at ? cherry hill or sagemore? sagemore hooked me up AGAIN!!! Got a message around 5 o'clock tonight that my MacBook was ready for pick-up. they turned a logicboard replacement around in 24 hours. That's impressive. What's even more impressive is that I really don't get the same "genious" twice- first one available is who handles my computers and they don't know me from any of the other thousands of people they see on a regular basis. I have no pro care, or whatever the one-on-one service is called, or any connections there, yet they treat me like a VIP every time. every single tech that's ever looked at any of my issues has been great.

I wish I didnt have some of the issues that I always seem to have with my apple purchases, but as long as that sagemore store is there I really have no worries. they'll take care of me, they always do- just like I'm sure they make sure all of their service customers are taken care of..

I really am impressed with their level of customer service.

13. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I dont work retail. I am a corporate sales rep "Apple Solutions Consultant" that works in the Oxford Valley Best Buy and run the Apple Shop in a Shop. I was invited to come by there tomorrow and see the happenings. I live pretty much right next door to the mall there.

14. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Did anyone happen to get a shirt from the opening????

15. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

King of Prussia is close enough for me, but its always crowded and the rest of the mall ends up burning a hole in your pocket.

16. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

Was there at 9 30 and there were already like 200 people waiting in line. I just jumped in like everyone else. Got my shirt and then whipped out my employee ID inside and got an extra shirt for my fiance. FUnny enough another guy showed up who works with me in the area and we decided we wanted to get a shirt for another employee who couldn't make it. So I told him to go ask and say its for an Apple Employee and they said no to him. I laughed and told him he sucked... :D

Nice store though.

17. rxl125 macrumors regular

Marlton is snobby.

Christina DE is very friendly

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Not necessarily true, it just kinda depends, here in Dallas we have two of them that are within 10 minutes of each other.

[​IMG]

And there is another one, 30 minutes up the highway...:D

19. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

the closet apple store is 2 hours to toronto

or 2 hours to the one just out side detroit (partridge creek)

20. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't believe you're allowed to acknowledge that you work for :apple: on this forum. That's my understanding at least.

21. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

I think he works at Best buy.

22. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

and not a single one of them shows up on my GPS for some reason. I was there about 3 weeks ago and wanted to find one- for no reason really, just to check one out- the closest one that came up was Houston. lol.

on a side note, I drove from DFW to Frisco, and I gotta say "WTF is up with those highways? lol some lights would be nice.

23. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well we have three stores...

and i like our highways

24. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

No I actually work directly for Corporate as do all the Corporate Apple Reps who work in the Apple Shops that are in the various Best Buys. True we sign an NDA but nothing I have ever read or signed said I can not participate in an online forum. Now of course I do not disclose any info that is not for public knowledge. Not that anyone out of a very small circle at Infinite Loop ever really hear anything before hand anyway. Besides I would be a fool to screw up a career that supports my whole family and I over letting out whatever tidbit I might overhear.

25. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I believe, as some other forum members that are apple employees or were have pointed out, you can participate just acknowledge that you work for Apple.