Comet & iPad 2 Disgrace

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sirees01, Mar 26, 2011.

1. sirees01 macrumors member

My local Comet store sold me an ipad 2 last night took my money & sent me on a 60 mile drive to collect the ipad 2.

On arriving at the store to collect the goods that I paid for it emerged they did not have the item that was sold to me.

The staff working at these stores are completely clueless, they tried explaining the mishap by claiming they had given the ipad 2 which should have been the 64gb 3g model to someone who had paid for a wifi only unit.

Now surely with only 20 units to sell they could not have done this especially as each unit has it's own sku code which needs to be scanned through the till.

Not a happy bunny today, and i'm so cheesed off i'm going to get apple to look into this, Comet really don't deserve to be an authorised reseller.

If Comet tell anyone else to do this I would strongly suggest you don't believe them.

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I don't buy anything from comet at all after an issue with my old MacBook. (they kept it for 2months then said they can't fix it). So I wouldn't trust them for anything.