comex posts cryptic tweet..

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
pretty straight forward stuff

if it's ready Today, wednesday, thursday, ,friday or saturday he will release it on the day its ready and not wait until sunday....

if it's not ready by sunday he will wait until after sunday to release it rather than rushing out something that isn't ready.....

Sounds like Yogi Berra :p

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
FWIW, I am not planning on waiting for Sunday if it's ready before then; nor am I releasing on Sunday if it's not ready by then.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cryptic

No.

(Maybe I'm remembering through rose-colored glasses, but I don't remember EVERY SINGLE TWEET requiring a new thread to be posted in the days leading up to Spirit. It's like 75% of those iPhone 4 buyers were adolescents or something?)

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
Why does every single tweet made by a dev team member need to have a thread avout it? I'm sure anyone who is waiting for the jailbreak wants updates and is already following the dev team members on twitter.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
pretty straight forward stuff

if it's ready Today, wednesday, thursday, ,friday or saturday he will release it on the day its ready and not wait until sunday....

if it's not ready by sunday he will wait until after sunday to release it rather than rushing out something that isn't ready.....

Sounds like Yogi Berra :p
Huh ? You lost me at "if"

Ha Ha Ha

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Actually, it's a very cryptic tweet if you ask me..

I think he's saying that if it's not ready by Sunday, he might wait until the following Sunday, since it's still a Sunday. Otherwise he'd just say "the weekend," right?

Then, if it's ready Sunday, he won't wait till past 12pm on Sunday (CST? PST? Not sure...) since it will then be closer to Monday and no longer Sunday.

Anyway, that's my interpretation...

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Actually, it's a very cryptic tweet if you ask me..

I think he's saying that if it's not ready by Sunday, he might wait until the following Sunday, since it's still a Sunday. Otherwise he'd just say "the weekend," right?

Then, if it's ready Sunday, he won't wait till past 12pm on Sunday (CST? PST? Not sure...) since it will then be closer to Monday and no longer Sunday.

Anyway, that's my interpretation...
We need KnightWRX, Veri, cmaier, and Rodimus Prime to investigate this further.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I just think it's funny that every time someone on the Dev Team tweets something it becomes a new thread over here as if it's news. Seriously people, do you think all of us aren't watching twitter and going to the Dev Team Blog on at least a daily basis if not more frequently.

This is a great forum that is just becoming cluttered with a bunch of useless posts.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
LOL, it's apparent from reactions such as this post that people are really anticipating the release of JB. Perhaps more so than ever before.

But ya, comex could say "JB might be ready soon" and have others interpret it in 10 different ways.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
LOL, it's apparent from reactions such as this post that people are really anticipating the release of JB. Perhaps more so than ever before.

But ya, comex could say "JB might be ready soon" and have others interpret it in 10 different ways.
It's the same crap we had to listen to when AT&T said "late summer" for MMS. I can remember people interpreting that as June.

still in school

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2009
I just think it's funny that every time someone on the Dev Team tweets something it becomes a new thread over here as if it's news. Seriously people, do you think all of us aren't watching twitter and going to the Dev Team Blog on at least a daily basis if not more frequently.

This is a great forum that is just becoming cluttered with a bunch of useless posts.

I actually like it when they do that since I can't get on twitter at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.