Comex Untethered 4.2.1 JB NOT soon....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrodsep, Jan 2, 2011.

1. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

3. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

I would take this more seriously if Redmond Pie had anything even approaching correct grammar on their site.

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I agree. Though the author is a student at Bahria University in Pakistan, so I am doubting that English is his first language.

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Looks like I'll be hanging onto 4.1 on my phone for a while longer, which is fine with me. I have 4.2.1 on my iPod Touch and while Airplay & AirPrint are nice, they're nothing that I must have right now.

6. aluren macrumors 65816

Same here. And depending on what 4.3 have, I might just not upgrade ever again until iPhone 5.

7. brendu macrumors 68020

Thats pretty much how I feel. 4.1 with Jailbreak is perfectly fine. I don't have an apple TV, not getting one, and I dont need to print from my iPhone, so im not worried. Stinks for anyone who got an iOS device for christmas and wants to jailbreak though.

8. The Highlander, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011

The Highlander macrumors 6502

And unless the iphone 5 is a super iphone 4 jb killer with 4.1, I will NOT be upgrading until i5 gets jailbroken and its untethered.

9. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Agreed, for now at least, the iPhone 4 is just about perfect (with the jailbreak). Unless the iPhone 5 has a killer feature, moving to an unjailbreakable iPhone 5 would almost certainly be a downgrade. :)

10. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Just get a motorola atrix :p Will be rooted within a week and makes every other phone look like garbage.

11. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I never understood why some JB on a Tethered JB, only because if your battery runs out or you restart your phone, you have to reconnect to your system at home to re-jb your phone :rolleyes:

I have an iP4 with 4.1 Green Poison JB and it works quite well, no compelling reason to go to 4.2 for me, and I am not sure what 4.3 will have either?

12. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Good point. Although, have you ever used a tethered jailbreak? It's really not all that inconvenient. At least for me, I have a charger with me just about everywhere I got (keep one in my work bag, there's one in my car, and then at home of course). I can't remember the last time my iPhone battery actually died and the last time I used a tethered JB my habits weren't much different from what I do now.

That being said, I'm still untethered on 4.1 as well. Like you, I didn't really see anything too special to compel me to upgrade to 4.2. Well, that and baseband preservation, which I'm not even remotely expecting until at least several weeks after (if and when) the untethered jb is out.

13. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I'm using the tethered jb and it's faultless
    I don't know why so many people don't use it.

14. TJone macrumors 6502a

Whenever the untethered gets released I will upgrade. I am happy to wait for 4.3 or later really. For me there is not a compelling reason to upgrade to 4.2 or 4.3 but there is not a compelling reason not to either. I would rather be on the latest possible firmware with an untethered JB since some apps require the latest iOS especially apps released by Apple.

15. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

No one does a tethered jailbrake on purpose. That's just all that's out there for the more recent OS that everyone has.