iPad Comfortable iPad Air Case For Reading Ebooks

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gregpod9, Jan 18, 2014.

1. gregpod9 macrumors regular

Please recommend a comfortable iPad Air Case for reading ebooks?

2. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I use Apple Smart Cover and fold it to the back where it sticks magnetically. It's thin and gives me a soft gripping surface while I'm reading. Very comfortable experience with my iPad Air.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Comfortable iPad Air Case For Reading Ebooks

If you read on your lap on a chair I can recommend this stand instead of a case:
    Prop 'n Go Slim - Adjustable Bed Holder & Lap Stand for iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, Tablets and eReaders with Multi Angle Control (Black)
    http://amzn.com/B007GO2OPW

4. meistervu macrumors 65816

I too have one and like it. I love that the angle is adjustable because depending on your reclining position, you want different angles.

5. goyellow macrumors newbie

I recommend this stand I bought recently on Amazon, it's very well designed, folds flattish for storage or traveling, and it holds vertically or horizontally, so it's great for reading.
    http://amzn.to/1ecpUbE

6. meistervu macrumors 65816

How well does it work when you sit in bed or on the couch?

7. goyellow macrumors newbie

Wave Stand is constructed from high quality aluminum and the central arm is easily adjusted to meet your needs.

8. meistervu macrumors 65816

Wait, are you a real person? You sounded like Hal 9000 :)

Anyway, my point is that my lap is not shaped like a flat surface of a desk, so it seems that the stand you suggested would be stable on it.

9. markieg macrumors member

10. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

MacCase Premium Leather Air Folio

Greg:

I have the MacCase Premium Leather Folio for the Air. It's actually is designed to feel like you're holding a book. The quality of the stitching and the leather that they use is second to none. it feels like those old leather bound books at the library.

Another cool feature is that the interior is lined with this ultra suede like material that absorbs all the surrounding light so all you see is the screen, which makes it perfect for reading (and watching movies). The case doesn't distract you in any way. It feels great to sit and hold it while reading. Check it -

http://www.mac-case.com/ipad-cases-p/leather-ipad-folios.htm

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

That's the most expensive case I have ever seen...

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm looking for something too, I use a Speck Candyshell on my iPad 1 and it works great for reading.

My usual position for reading in bed is laying on my side, with my iPad angled. So one corner is on the mattress, and i'm holding another.

I'm not sure the smart cover type case I bought is going to be comfy for using that way - and I honestly don't want to touch the metal (cold in the winter, even here in FL).

I just sprung for a $5 TPU case to try for now, but I"d really like another candy shell.

So for reading, it is just going to depend on the position you read in!

13. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I used to use Smart Cover but now it's Apple Smart Case. Border is soft as opposed to exposed edges of Smart Cover. When folded back, the lid of the case has nice soft interior which feels pleasant to hold while reading. That's my experience.

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

+1 on the Smart Case. The all around softness and lightness makes it about the most comfortable case I have to fold back and hold for reading.

15. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
  16. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040