"Comic Life" useability?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jvencius, Aug 18, 2007.

1. jvencius macrumors regular

Does anyone out there use the "Comic Life" program that comes preloaded and if you do, is it a decent app or is there something out there better for the same purpose? Even though there isn't nearly as much bloatware on my new MBP as there would be on a Windows box, I'd like to get rid of as much unnecessary material as possible. If that app is nearly as silly as it seems from the little bit of playing around with it that I've done, I'd just as soon get rid of it.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

It's cute, but the cute appeal doesn't last long. I didn't install it.

3. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

For me, this is an 'Around_To_It" app. and eventually i hope to eventually get there for some puddlespashlaughter™ and general frivolity. Life keeps getting in the way, but i absolutely adored the interface and possibilities.
    MPB! i hate you! every time i open you up you-i am pulled by my nose in a crazy new direction. The center cannot hold. I am in a heartfelt search for Apple-Ennui, This may be an exercise in futility...

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Actually, my wife liked it so much I ended up buying a full license.

Thing is, setting the whole "comic" thing aside (which can be fun if you're into that), it makes an awesome photo album app. Really easy to use, produces surprisingly attractive pages, and you can do whole "books" to print if desired instead of having to layout one page at a time. Sorta like iPhoto's book feature, but with WAY more control (also faster).

If you're into albums/scrapbooking-type stuff, it's the best app I'm aware of--slick, easy, flexible.

On an unrelated note: No offense whatsoever intended, but what the heck are you talking about, jczubach?

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

He likes monkeys :confused: