Comic reader

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Southern, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Hey guys, just got my new 20" iMac and I am loving it to bits. Being a switcher doesn't seem to be too bad at all, but there is one thing in particular that I am missing in my Mac Experience, which is some way of viewing albums of images in a slideshow-like experience without using iPhoto.

Windows had this built in slideshow app that I quite enjoyed using for viewing things like scans for comics and whatnot - specifically all image files in one folder. Preview is all well and good, but does a similar app exist for OSX and would some kind soul care to recommend one to me? I recall there being a decent app on Apple's website but I can't seem to find anything I like.

Thanks in advance!

2. Southern thread starter macrumors regular

Southern

Aha! There is a slideshow feature built into finder - context menu! Does anyone know how to set it to show the images in order (001.jpg, 002.jpg etc) rather than randomly as it does now?

3. Southern thread starter macrumors regular

Southern

Ok, just for other switchers and anyone who might fancy doing the same as me, here's a tip I found that works perfectly for me:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070825215218747

Basically, open all the images in Preview, then order by name and click slideshow under View and voila - no 99 image limit OR random order. Hope this helps other people as well as me!

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Nice work solving your own problem!

Thanks for sharing the solution.

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt