comic strips on iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by giganten, Jun 17, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I am taking a design, media course and we should do something like a book or an animation.
    I wanted to do some kind of comic strips, but then I did remember something I did read about graphic novels on the iPod. The Many Worlds of Jonas Moore
    Do you think I can make some comic strips and use maybe iMovie to make a movie with still pictures + sound, which I can use on the iPod and computers? But what file format should I use to make it work on the iPod and something else I should know before I start?

2. Darthzilla macrumors member

checkout clickwheel.net

its all comci strips and lil movies.

check out After School Knife Fight ( its mine ;) )

3. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

That was cool, but you dont know how I can make the movie my self from start?
    Your comic strip was cool :D .

4. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

I would think you'd need Flash at a minimum; sticking photos and sounds into iMovie would give you a slideshow, which isn't what I think you want.

The only example I can think of right now is http://www.homestarrunner.com. They converted some of their cartoons into iPod-friendly files (podcast link here). Granted, this is more animation than graphic novel, but I'm sure there's a lot of overlap. I bet that Jonas Moore thing you linked used a lot more than Flash.

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

if you are just trying to do comic strips, i dont see why there would be a problem using imovie, inserting pictures, and recording/adding music to play at the same time as the pictures. as for what type of file to make, you should look at the supported video formats for the ipod because im not really sure what they are