Comic Zeal Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by miamijim, Mar 21, 2011.

1. miamijim macrumors 6502

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble with Comic Zeal.

I have comiczealsync on my imac, and I can sync batches of comics and single issues.

I Turn on the Comiz Zeal app on my iPad and each time I try to sink an issue or a batch I get a message that the download has failed and the app has timed out.

I am using my home network and both my iMac and iPad are on the same network....

Any idea why this is happening....

2. mgirg macrumors regular

It may be a problem with the network connection dropping. Why not just drag them into the app in iTunes instead and don't bother with comiczealsync. The app will then automatically optimise the comics when you start it on the iPad.

3. miamijim thread starter macrumors 6502

The weird thing is a can't drag and drop to the Comic zeal app in iTunes.

Everytime i drag the file it springs back into my HD. If i try to use the add function it will not let me add files only single jpegs... And these do not show up in comic zeal when i start the app.

My itunes file sharing section will not allow me to drag and drop anthing to any app optimized for file sharing.

4. GreyMatta macrumors regular

Do you select the app from the list in iTunes then click "add" on the bottom right to add your files?

works flawlessly for me :)

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

If you like Comic Books, I would suggest trying out Bookman app. It's free and does a very good job.

6. miamijim thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I DL'd Bookman last night..

I did however get the Sync working again on ComicZeal via wifi.

Loads of new Comics now... I feel like I am 12 again only fatter with less hair and a bit more pocket money.

:)