ComicBookLover App, sync question...

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Daremo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

I was very excited to see the ComicBookLover app was finally out for the iPad, and most shocking, it's free.

They offer 3 ways to sync. Through FTP, WiFi with their sync software, and through iTunes just like ComicZeal.

If I synch through iTunes, cataloging is a mess in the app. In order to keep all the tagged information, so it all falls into their correct categories, I needed to synch with WiFi, which it horribly slow.

Does anyone know of a way to make this work, keeping all the tagged info, and using iTunes to sync? I've tried to copy the files to my desktop from the OSX ComicBookLover app, and then add them in iTunes, and that didn't work either.

So far, ComicZeal is still the best, but this has potential, if I can get the cataloging worked out.

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

CloudReaders needs some more love. It's awesome, and free. :)

3. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68020

Daremo

And terrible. Tried it, and hated it.

4. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Really? I think it's been very serviceable to my Archie coming reading :)D). No doubt there are better options (it is free after all), but I don't see what makes it terrible.

I don't read nearly enough comics to buy a high quality comic-reading app like Comic Zeal though, so maybe your standards differ from mine. Gonna give ComicBookLover a chance too.

5. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

There's a long comic book app thread but I'm too lazy to find it right now. :) There is some discussion of cloudreaders and cz of course. For posterity's sake the comicbooklover release should probably go in there too.