Comics on Iphone, example Iron Man

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Otsugua, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Otsugua macrumors newbie

Im not sure how successful other have been with transferring comics on the iphone. I am eagerly waiting for an application that will read .cbz and .cbr files for the iphone. Until then I've just unzipped the files and combined the jpegs into a single .pdf.

After I made the .pdf, i just emailed them to myself and would read them during class or in waiting rooms.
    I know this is a very common practice already, I just wanted to share an example.

This is the first Tales Of Suspense, that Iron Man makes an appearance.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=712583&da=y

in later issue i would just delete the extra stuff like......anything that isnt related to iron man to make a smaller file.

if anyone wants some more, i can email you the other files i have.

2. mrgoat macrumors newbie

that is really cool. I would be interested in whatever you have. i will pm you my email address

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How did you do this? (I'm on OS X)

I know how to get the jpegs out of the .cbr/.cbz, just not sure how to get them all into one PDF. Thanks!

4. Otsugua thread starter macrumors newbie

5. eduo macrumors member

God, how unnecessarily complicated.

Mac has native PDF support. Any document that can be printed can be printed into a PDF. The best option here is to print from a comic viewer application and print to a PDF which can be sent via email.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Ahhh...there it is. I was just unsure how to link all the pages together (didn't really want to e-mail myself 30 pages per comic)

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Why not have as a jpeg? i know downloading the little PDF isnt a problem for iPhone users, but what about touch users? when im not near wifi?

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The image compression by the iPhone/iPod Touch makes the image pretty much unreadable as a comic, and zooming only makes it worse. I'll try out the PDF method tonight.