Coming back home

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kauai, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Kauai macrumors 6502a

Had no choice since my family was going with Sprint and so I got the Epic 4G (S2).

It's a decent phone, Android is a decent operating system - but the first thing I noticed is that I just didn't enjoy using it as much as I did with my iPhone. Besides calls and the occasional game, I barley used it for web browsing or anything else. The web browser was inferior, nothing was as sharp, the operating system wasn't confusing - but definitely less intuitive and 'fun' if you will to get around. And browsing through the app store wasn't nearly as fun (and for me at least, it was a handful...the iPhone is the PERFECT size for mobile use - fits nicely in my hand, can use one handed...)

The two things I will give Google are navigation and its Youtube app - those were both really nice, and Apple definitely needs to improve Maps.

Luckily the iPhone is being released on the exact 14th day from buying my phone (the limit to which I can exchange) and boy am I excited.

So yeah. Happy to be coming back.

Just thought I'd share. The SG2 is a fine phone - but it's the perfect example of why software and the experience are 10x more important than specs.