Coming back to iPhone after years of Android! Need some help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xyrm, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Xyrm macrumors member

Hey all,

I was a hardcore iPhone user until iPhone 4S. Since then I've been through 4 Android Phones: S3, S4, Note Edge, and S7 Edge.

The main reason I'm switching over completely is for multiple of reasons. I love the new MacBook Pro and will be getting one as well in October, Apple Watch, and iPhone and recently got all three.

I've always had problems with performance, heating, bugs, freezes, crashes, etc... with all of my android phones. My friends and classmates all seem to be belonging to the Apple ecosystem. I understand why it's simple, aesthetic, and build quality is supreme. iMessage, FaceTime, etc... will be easier with all of my friends and classmates as well!

I feel like the transition will be tough. All of my contacts, photos, and apps are saved onto Google.

Main concerns:
    1. How do I make sure that every single contact transfers over when I get the iPhone 7?
    2. I use Google Drive with a subscription. All of my photos were always automatically backed up into google photos (over 10,000+)!!!!! How will I be transferring over to iPhone with this change? How will iOS automatically back up my photos?
    3. Fingerprint sign in was one of my favorite features, is this available in iOS?
    4. Am I screwed if I paid for a lot of apps on the Google Play Store?
    5. Will my messages, emails, etc... be transferred over to iPhone 7 as well?

Are there any articles or guides I can read to learn how to switch over completely?

Thanks guys!

2. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

3. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I use the Google Drive app on my iPhone but for some reason it does not back up my photos automatically even though I chose for it to in settings. I'm not sure what fingerprint sign in you mean. Of course it has it for the phone and some of the apps use it but not all.

4. ISRMafia macrumors regular

ISRMafia

--- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    1.you have an app in google playstore called Move to iOS by Apple. Follow the instructions and all your data will be moved to your new iPhone.
    2.You have google Drive app on iOS as well, Just log in.
    3.you have fingerprint TouchID on the homebutton and can add up to 5 fingerprints to unlock the phone with.
    4.You will have to rebuy your apps on app store , unless they are free on iOS
    5.you have Apple's mail app + Gmail and a lot more third party apps , you are covered !

Good luck on moving to iOS and welcome Aboard :)