iPhone 7(+) Coming Back to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Derekuda, May 7, 2019.

1. Derekuda macrumors 6502

Derekuda

I just ordered an iPhone 7 (a few years old, i know), but im pretty excited.

Recently I went on a trip to Disneyland with my sister. I have a Note 8, and she has an iPhone X. I took some photos, and checked the Disneyland app throughout the day, and before the end of the day, my battery was dead. Meanwhile, my sister did the exact same thing + LOTS and LOTS of social media posting/browsing while in lines, and she still had around 70% battery life at the end of the day! Needless to say, i was blown away, and instantly decided to switch back. Id also like to mention, my note 8 was purchased last December while my sis has had her phone for well over a year. The only other difference I can think of is that im on Sprint, and shes on ATT. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but still noteworthy. Anyways, im ready to come back! Phone should be delivered today.

Any iOS exclusive apps anyone recommends?

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

While you were there did you have a slow connection or any issues with service?

I ask because having been on Sprint in the past it was my experience that slow connections and problems with data service tended to drain battery much quicker. The radio in the phone is working much to hard to get and maintain a connection.

If that wasn't the case (and you had great speeds and service) then, yeah, it's down to the battery.

Welcome back to iPhone. We (my wife and I) are headed the other way whenever some cash can allow us to do that. Until then, you have a newer phone than we do. We're still using a 6s and a 6s+.

Enjoy your 7. It's still a nice phone.

3. Jarkleuang2018 macrumors newbie

welcome back, just hope you are not addict to the divided screen.

4. Derekuda thread starter macrumors 6502

Derekuda

Actually, yes the data was very rough. luckily Disneyland now has wifi, but without it I could barely get a discord message to send. Really annoying considering SMS went through just fine.

5. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

SMS actually uses 1xRTT, which is not even 3G. Very slow for data but perfectly fine for texting and calling.

6. Li237 macrumors newbie

Li237

Welcome back to iOS. When I first switched back from my Samsung Note 9, I switched straight to the iPhone 7. It's an awesome entry device that allows you to see exactly what your needs are going to be. I went from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone X, and back to a 7 Plus. Then from a Macbook 12 inch to a MacBook Pro 13" back to a Macbook 12 inch, that I can't seem to put down at all. I'm actually on it more than I'm on my phone now. I take it with me everywhere. I even answer my calls on it when I am at home. Love it!!!