coming back to mac. what to chose?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nonya, Dec 28, 2011.

1. nonya, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

nonya macrumors newbie

CHOOSE sorry about that.

ok so up until a year and a half ago i had a white macbook core 2 duo (dont recall the specs) and for some reason decided to go back to pc. i ended up buying a quad core i7 2.9ghz, 17 inch, 6gb ram hp. since day one it had its issues and as of late all it does is crash and shut down due to over heating. im officially done.

what i am currently in the market for is a refurb and whats in my budget so far is the early 2011 2.7ghz 13 inch or the 15 inch 2.0 quad core. my main uses are serato scratch live, vdj and photoshop and the usual internet movies and video.. im a photographer - dj. im always on the move and 90% of the time am lugging my laptop. past year its been a 17 incher =-(.now my question would be which do you think will be best suited for my needs and budget? i have a desktop pc so photo editing will not be a total issue for me since i do most my editing on the desktop even tho at times i dont mind photo editing on the go, in order to make some progress on my work.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have the 15 inch 2.0quad and think its great

3. VI™ macrumors 6502a

Truthfully, I'd got with an air or something similar for size and portability unless you absolutely need something with a dedicated GPU and that much processing power. Serato shouldn't do anything to tax any current CPU, so as long as it's a computer it'll probably work.

I've seen setups with 13" Macbooks on stands above and slightly behind the mixer in the middle of the tables. Anything too big and unwieldy may get in the way.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

both will be fine. The 15'' is more powerful and has a bigger screen. I would go with that one.

I didn't know there were mobile quad core i7s with 2.9 GHz. Or did they actually put a desktop cpu in the HP?

5. rault18 macrumors member

rault18

6. happle macrumors 6502a

get the 15" bro. i produce music with logic pro and reason 6 and the 15" is perfect. its still very portable but offers a much nicer screen. btw you should get the hi-res screen.

but definitely the 2.0 quad over the 2.7 dual. the 2.0 quads are actually nice, they will blow the socks off the 2.7 dual i7 and the 2.0 should run fairly cool since it doesn't have an outrageous clock speed.

7. nonya thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry 2.8 with the turbo boost

----------

forgot to mention i also dj videos.