Coming from Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndroMac, Sep 13, 2016.

1. AndroMac macrumors newbie

Hey people,

On Friday I am ordering an iPhone. I have never owned an iPhone before, so my question is, should I save some money and get a 6s now and a year from now get the iPhone 8 or get the 7+?....the need in me wants the latest, but I know I will be exchanging it a year from now... Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. metacove1 macrumors member

I'd go ahead and get the 7+. You may get more life out of it than you think.

I also think you will see tons of comparisons of Samsung's latest flagship model with the iPhone. Might as well get the latest so that the comparisons are accurate.

3. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

Get the 7 Plus. Go for the Apple Upgrade plan so you can easily move into whatever next year's model is if you want.

4. archer75 macrumors 65816

All the carriers have upgrade plans now so you can just trade in, in about a year and get the latest.

The iphone 6s plus was my first iphone. I've owned android phones for ages. It was a great phone but there were several things I was missing from android. So back to android I went and got a note 7. Great phone but laggy. Way too laggy for a flagship. Signal strength was only so so. Battery life wasn't like my iphone. So now i'm back with the iphone 7.

5. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

Same here man. I'm coming from a galaxy s7. I pre-ordered the regular 7 apple black 32gb. I didn't want the plus cause It's hard to hold in one hand. But yeah I would definitely get the iphone 7 and not the 6s. Cause even in a year you may be able to sell the phone for close to what you have in it. And get the 8 or whatever it will be called. Just like now the 6s are still bringing over $500 so the 7's should be about the same next year.

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If you have the means to pay for it - then go ahead and buy one this year and plonk down more cash next year. If you wait a year or two, the entire wireless ecosystem will mature and you may have more options than carrying around a tangle of dongles.

7. AndroMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    This is exactly what I'm doing.. I am still under contract, and I'm getting on the next plan on Fri.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016 ---
    True!

8. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Unless you really want a specific feature (i.e camera) on the 7/+ I'd go with the 6S/+ and save yourself some $ while you wait for whatever comes next year.

9. AndroMac thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly what I was thinking!.. Im really excited about the new camera on the 7+, but is there a big difference in picture quality between 6s and 7+?

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Some say yes. There are a few reviewers who have done some side by side. Boild down to the frequency of your picture taking IMO.

11. AndroMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I got kids, so I'm taking lots if pictures lol

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Then if you have tha cash, go for it. We are talking like $100 right?