Resolved Coming Macbook Pro Retina or should I get an Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stef4n, Aug 29, 2013.

  1. Stef4n, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

    Stef4n macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2011
    #1
    Hey guys,

    I need your help!

    I recently dropped destroyed my Macbook Air 13 (2012) and have just a crappy 2007 Macbook left.

    Now I have to get a new one, but can't decide which and if I should wait or not.

    Some facts:

    1. I get the 80€ Itunes card up to the 6th of semptember
    2. I need 256 gb storage (for windows) and 8 gb ram (for my insufficient patients ;))
    3. 80% I am working on my laptop (mainly excel), 20% I use it for gaming (e.g. Dota 2, WC3)
    4. I would like to have an interface allowing to connect my computer with my 5.1 soundsystem. This is possible on my 2007, but wasn't on the Air 2012.


    So what shoud I do? I don't want to buy the current Retina, but I would prefere it if they just update the graphics and battery performance. Do you think that I have enough information up to to 6th of september if the new MacBook Retinas come out?

    Thanks in advance!
     
  2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

    Agent-P

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    Location:
    The Tri-State Area
    #2
    As of right now, we don't have much to go on in terms of rMBP rumours. I'd sys wait the latest you can before 6 September and make your decision then.
     
  3. Miller93 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2013
    #3
    There is strong evidence suggesting that a rMBP refresh is coming Sept 10. I recommend waiting until at least then. If Apple doesn't reveal anything then go for the MBA. Im sure you can restrain yourself for 12 more days.
     
  4. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2012
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada | Sibiu, Romania
    #4
    I would get the MacBook Pro Retina, but you can always purchase one at a discount now before the sale, and then return it if a new one comes out (I believe). That way you get best of both worlds.

    The most likely point of a new one coming out would be on September 10 as someone has previously stated, thus if there's no new MBPr released then, you could keep your Mac! :)

    I hope this helps ya.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwCmH0uHESI
     
  5. Stef4n thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2011
    #5
    Thank you for your advices. I could make a decision.

    I prefere the Retina, but I need a laptop, so I waid to the 6th of september and hope for more specific hints on a soon release. On the 6th I will buy a Mac Air 13, 8 GB, 256GB, 1,7 GHZ anyway and give it back after 14 days, if they should release the retina in september. Otherwise I will or have to get happy with my air :)

    Thanks again! "Danke"
     

Share This Page