Resolved Coming Macbook Pro Retina or should I get an Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stef4n, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Stef4n, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013

Stef4n macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I need your help!

I recently dropped destroyed my Macbook Air 13 (2012) and have just a crappy 2007 Macbook left.

Now I have to get a new one, but can't decide which and if I should wait or not.

Some facts:

1. I get the 80€ Itunes card up to the 6th of semptember
    2. I need 256 gb storage (for windows) and 8 gb ram (for my insufficient patients ;))
    3. 80% I am working on my laptop (mainly excel), 20% I use it for gaming (e.g. Dota 2, WC3)
    4. I would like to have an interface allowing to connect my computer with my 5.1 soundsystem. This is possible on my 2007, but wasn't on the Air 2012.

So what shoud I do? I don't want to buy the current Retina, but I would prefere it if they just update the graphics and battery performance. Do you think that I have enough information up to to 6th of september if the new MacBook Retinas come out?

Thanks in advance!

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

As of right now, we don't have much to go on in terms of rMBP rumours. I'd sys wait the latest you can before 6 September and make your decision then.

3. Miller93 macrumors newbie

There is strong evidence suggesting that a rMBP refresh is coming Sept 10. I recommend waiting until at least then. If Apple doesn't reveal anything then go for the MBA. Im sure you can restrain yourself for 12 more days.

4. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

I would get the MacBook Pro Retina, but you can always purchase one at a discount now before the sale, and then return it if a new one comes out (I believe). That way you get best of both worlds.

The most likely point of a new one coming out would be on September 10 as someone has previously stated, thus if there's no new MBPr released then, you could keep your Mac! :)

I hope this helps ya.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwCmH0uHESI

5. Stef4n thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your advices. I could make a decision.

I prefere the Retina, but I need a laptop, so I waid to the 6th of september and hope for more specific hints on a soon release. On the 6th I will buy a Mac Air 13, 8 GB, 256GB, 1,7 GHZ anyway and give it back after 14 days, if they should release the retina in september. Otherwise I will or have to get happy with my air :)

Thanks again! "Danke"