Comma and punctuation key are not responding on Air 2011

jvd-nls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2019
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hi all I am new on this forum and decided to using it as forums are always a great way for finding and sharing solutions for issues

I am using Macs from the beginning of my computer times and just recently bought myself a Macbook air 11" 2011 i5 with 4GB of Ram and 128 GB SSD running on High Sierra

Now using it I noticed that there is no way to have the comma and punctuation key working and am sure others faced the same issue with their Macbooks only I haven't found a solution for it other than using the Keyboard viewer but that does not really solve the problem

I already have reset PRAM and SMC without any effect
Ran the hardware test with not errors returning

So any other options I should know of bringing the comma and punctuation key back to work?

jvd-nls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2019
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Haven"t used a USB keyboard yet but in remote keyboard with my Nokia 5 1 Plus I can make the comma and punctuation
Also when using the virtual keyboard on the MBA these two reading signs I can make Only not on the MBA keyboard itself
I also notice now that the = and + key sometimes refuse duty

Will try removing the key's

Is there anything that I can clean the key's with in case there has been a fluid spill on them?

Audit13

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If the keyboard had been exposed to liquids, it's difficult to clean the back of the keyboard without removing the logic board and backlight.

Have you examined the moisture indicators on the logic board? They should be white. If they are red, you know they have come in contact with liquid.

jvd-nls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2019
Plovdiv Bulgaria
OK haven't don that yet but should obviously be the next 2 do
Can you indicate where about to find those moisture indicators?