Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In Illu CS6 i cannot set the nudge using a dot in the number. It needs a comma. Where do i change this so that it works with a dot. For example 0.1 and not 0,1?

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Do you mean that you want to set a tab that lines up numbers on their decimal point?

AI_Tabs_zpsbf6p7yrd.jpg

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
No no, i want to set the "nudge" on a 0.1 setting and not 0,1. Want it to understand the "dot" and not the "comma"! :)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You are using a decimal tab to align your numbers. To avoid confusion, you should refer it is as a decimal tab. You have the option to use a number of different glyphs as your alignment character--not just your language's decimal point. However, you must select that glyph rather than the "." glyph.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You are using a decimal tab to align your numbers. To avoid confusion, you should refer it is as a decimal tab. You have the option to use a number of different glyphs as your alignment character--not just your language's decimal point. However, you must select that glyph rather than the "." glyph.
Nothing to do with Tabs, im taking about setting the NUDGE number in prefs. Apparently the system will not understand a setting with a DOT decimal point but only COMMA!

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Nothing to do with Tabs, im taking about setting the NUDGE number in prefs. Apparently the system will not understand a setting with a DOT decimal point but only COMMA!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Do you mean the "Keyboard Increment" setting in the General section of the prefs (ie: the amount an object will move by when you use the arrow keys)…?

I'm assuming that the number format is picked up from the default language that Illustrator is set to, but since you only need to set the number once, I'm not really sure why it's an issue.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thank you Jim, it is a Language&Text format thing!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.