comma or dot?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by zoran, Aug 7, 2015.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

In Illu CS6 i cannot set the nudge using a dot in the number. It needs a comma. Where do i change this so that it works with a dot. For example 0.1 and not 0,1?

2. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Do you mean that you want to set a tab that lines up numbers on their decimal point?

[​IMG]

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

No no, i want to set the "nudge" on a 0.1 setting and not 0,1. Want it to understand the "dot" and not the "comma"! :)

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are using a decimal tab to align your numbers. To avoid confusion, you should refer it is as a decimal tab. You have the option to use a number of different glyphs as your alignment character--not just your language's decimal point. However, you must select that glyph rather than the "." glyph.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Nothing to do with Tabs, im taking about setting the NUDGE number in prefs. Apparently the system will not understand a setting with a DOT decimal point but only COMMA!

6. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Do you mean the "Keyboard Increment" setting in the General section of the prefs (ie: the amount an object will move by when you use the arrow keys)…?

I'm assuming that the number format is picked up from the default language that Illustrator is set to, but since you only need to set the number once, I'm not really sure why it's an issue.

7. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you Jim, it is a Language&Text format thing!!