Command And Conquer games.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mikey86uk, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Any idea's if there is a Command And Conquer game that works with a 2011 27" iMac running Mavericks?

Used to love those games, but not having much luck finding any :(

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

C&C3 Tiberium wars
    and Red Alert 3 are listed as supporting Mac at ea's site. Though just checking Steam and the AppStore I don't see any Mac Version. Even if one could be found it would probably not be a very good port. EA should know what they did, so you should find a Mac Version over google. I have my doubts if it is worth the money. Might be buggy and/or slow.
    Steam doesn't offer the Mac Version which should say something. Could also be some licensing issue. Steam is usually better because you get the Game for any Platform. If you buy a game in the Mac Appstore and it blows you cannot just play the better Windows version but have to buy that one too.

Chances are you would want to run Windows for C&C.

3. Mikey86uk thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point.

Is there any game like C&C for Mac?

Something like C&C Generals?

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Starcraft 2 is probably THE game in the RTS genre. Its Mac Version is also quite good and not some cheap port. It is the only game I really enjoy playing on OSX.

Generals is also really old. If there isn't a Mac Version, that game might just run fine in a virtual machine. Getting the resolution right is probably the biggest issue you will come across. In Multiplayer (LAN) Generals is really picky so a Mac Version might just not work together with any Windows versions.

SC2 is a good still fairly modern game with the Starter Edition quite cheap. And that is really all you need if you don't want the single player campaign. I think they also offer LAN spawns, so you can play with friends at a lan without them actually owning the full game with full features.