Command>click to deselect not working

dspindl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
When in the Finder, I used to be able to highlight multiple image icons, then command/click the ones I didn't want. Suddenly, this has stopped working. I can command/click images one at a time, but can no longer command/click to de-select.
I have a 2011 17" Macbook pro, Snow Leopard and Magic mouse.
Does anyone have a suggestion??

Thanks!
Dave

dspindl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Tried both suggestions, and also replaced batteries in Magic mouse as they were at 30%.
It is intermittent at best. Some images deselect just fine now, most not at all and some only if I hold down the command key for 5-10 sec and then click.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Tried both suggestions, and also replaced batteries in Magic mouse as they were at 30%.
It is intermittent at best. Some images deselect just fine now, most not at all and some only if I hold down the command key for 5-10 sec and then click.
Sounds more like a hardware issue with the mouse, rather than software.

adamtheturtle

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Try using the mouse and command keys in different situations. Have you tried with the other command key?

dspindl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Tried other command key...same result. I can deselect three or four images in a row just fine, then it just stops working. What is strange is that I can command click to select just fine. It is only deselecting that is the problem. I also just activated apple bluetooth keyboard...same issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.