Command>click to deselect not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dspindl, Dec 5, 2011.

1. dspindl macrumors member

When in the Finder, I used to be able to highlight multiple image icons, then command/click the ones I didn't want. Suddenly, this has stopped working. I can command/click images one at a time, but can no longer command/click to de-select.
    I have a 2011 17" Macbook pro, Snow Leopard and Magic mouse.
    Does anyone have a suggestion??

Thanks!
    Dave

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It should certainly be working. Try relaunching Finder. If that doesn't help, try restarting your computer, a basic first step in troubleshooting.

3. dspindl thread starter macrumors member

Tried both suggestions, and also replaced batteries in Magic mouse as they were at 30%.
    It is intermittent at best. Some images deselect just fine now, most not at all and some only if I hold down the command key for 5-10 sec and then click.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Sounds more like a hardware issue with the mouse, rather than software.

5. adamtheturtle macrumors member

Try using the mouse and command keys in different situations. Have you tried with the other command key?

6. dspindl, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

dspindl thread starter macrumors member

Tried other command key...same result. I can deselect three or four images in a row just fine, then it just stops working. What is strange is that I can command click to select just fine. It is only deselecting that is the problem. I also just activated apple bluetooth keyboard...same issue.