Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utw-Mephisto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Is someone playing it on the 2 Ghz MacBook 2 GB Ram fine using Bootcamp ?

Is it playable with the build in GFX ?

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
I'm going to say no because the minimum requirements are a GeForce 4 or Radeon 8500... and they specifically say that ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX cards not supported.

That leads me to believe that the game is very graphically demanding.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
It should work quite nicely on the default Low graphics settings. I didn't try the game on a MacBook, but I tried it on a normal notebook PC with 1.83GHz Core Duo, Integrated Intel Graphics, and 1GB of RAM under Windows Vista Business.

crazzyeddie: As much as I hate Intel's integrated graphics chips, they are actually better than Radeon 9200 and Geforce 4 MX, given that you have a faster processor.

Edit: I didn't mean all their integrated graphics chips. Just the GMA 950, found in all MacBooks and Mac Minis.

itsdvw

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
The Command and Conquer 3 website says that it officially support the Intel GMA950, which is what macbooks and mac minis use.
And the reason EA is bringing support for many games for the Mac so quickly is because they are using TransGaming, which means they'll have to do very little to port them - and that they can only run on Intel macs.

JayMike

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
The Command and Conquer 3 website says that it officially support the Intel GMA950, which is what macbooks and mac minis use.
And the reason EA is bringing support for many games for the Mac so quickly is because they are using TransGaming, which means they'll have to do very little to port them - and that they can only run on Intel macs.

I have a black Macbook with Vista installed but the game will run fine for about 3 minutes and then will crash back to desktop, any idea how to fix this?

FreedomFighter

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
I just go a new mac book and I am awaiting the arrival of C&C 3 to OS X
Does anyone know what graphic settings you must have for a mac book?

any reply would be welcomed

zygvas

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2007
Similar issue

I have a black Macbook with Vista installed but the game will run fine for about 3 minutes and then will crash back to desktop, any idea how to fix this?

Yeah I have similar issue on that. I have white macbook with intel GMA950 chipset. but the game hang right around 3 min of playing, its in the skirsmish mode.

also I want address that, the game fail to update the patch automatically, so I have to go to its website and download it.

Tim117

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2007
BC Canada
Yeah I have similar issue on that. I have white macbook with intel GMA950 chipset. but the game hang right around 3 min of playing, its in the skirsmish mode.

also I want address that, the game fail to update the patch automatically, so I have to go to its website and download it.

I have that same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

thisbechuck

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2004
Has anyone been able to successfully play this game on a MacBook through Boot Camp? I got the Mac version, but it doesn't support the GMA950 on it apparently...

Spartan-117

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2007
Yes can confirm CNC3 will work on boot camp, as long as the settings are set to min besides the shader setting has to be on medium.
800x600cnc3IonCannon.jpg

hope this screen shot can clear things up :) specs of my macbook is below :)

2.16Ghz core 2
2GB ddr2 667
120Gb hdd
Intel integrated 950
bootcamp with XP 32bit installed 20Gb partition

when running the only place I lag is when the nod nuke explodes and if i can see it my FPS will fall to about 1 or 2 ... other than that it works fine :) ion cannon rift gen all can be viewed fine ^^

P.S the screen shot is showing my desktop because the game is not running at native res of the screen instead the game is running at 800 x 600 so when you take a screen shot it displays the desktop :) but when you play it's full screen ^^

jakeguy99

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
Does anyone know what the online play is like, do you have to go through gameranger, and is there any browser you can use to search for servers other than GR?

Quentintino

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007
Spartan you've made my day.

I've been so disapointed when I thought I couldn't drive this.

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.