Command, Control, Alt 8 turns screen negative - wny did it stop working?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tlsullivan, Jul 27, 2009.

1. tlsullivan macrumors newbie

I saw this little "trick" command, control, alt, 8 in a Mac article a few weeks ago. It was nothing more than a cool, little screen alteration that makes the screen go negative. I tried it after first getting my Mac. Just this past week, I tried to do it again and it is not working. Not that it is a serious issue however it is more of a curiousity why it stopped. Did some application I installed on my machine cause this feature to halt? Just curious if anyone has the answer. I tried disabling Shades, Growl and even turned off my power settings to see if that was interfering. Still doesn't work. TIA

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Check out the System Prefs -- Universal Access -- Seeing, and try to set it manually to see if it's still working.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The keyboard combo you mention is just a shortcut for  -> System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Seeing -> White on Black. It might have become unmapped in  -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

4. tlsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to Keyboard - restore Default ... fixed it! Thanks!!

I went to System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Restore Defaults and that activated the feature again. You guys/gals are great. Lots of little hidden tidbits on the Mac.