Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
So how do I turn off the right command key being locked to exposé when you use it in an actual desktop (not an app).

The left one works the way it's supposed to, but the right one is completely broken.

Also:
Resume is horrible, I can't think of a single application I want it in. They broke terminal! If anyone knows how to completely disable it I would be appreciative;)

LaunchPad is terrible. Why does it put any applications you install in another page? Why can you not move multiple icons at once?

Why is the menubar not always visible in fullscreen applications?

Why can I not rearrange things in Mission Control?

Who thought five finger gestures were a good idea?

Why can I no longer control what space/desktop things open in anymore?

Filevault works the exact same way. Anyone who says "It doesn't take hours to do the initial encryption anymore" is lying. My fresh install with nothing installed and no data transferred is taking hours.

The super cool "Slide Deck" thing in safari doesn't work if you change it from the infuriating two finger gesture to anything else.

Pretty much the only thing I want from Lion at this point is full screen apps. Everything else can go.

whooda4

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2011
be careful. Were not allowed to voice our frustration about lion. Somehow by the time this thread is dead it will be your fault for upgrading it, or possibly the manufacturer of the 3party software you have grown accustomed to using.

My solution was to reinstall 10.6 and the restore from time machine.

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
It's there, but there's no keyboard shortcut anywhere in there that is just the command key. For instance, in SL I used the command button plus the arrow keys to move between spaces. I set it up to do that, but if I get to a standard desktop, the right command button just does application exposé and I have to use the left one.

Regarding terminal: Open it, change the default launch style, say from the default one to "pro" or "Homebrew". Command-Q. Reopen. Notice how nothing changed? Type a few simple commands like cd or ls. Command-Q or type "exit". Reopen terminal....it's all still there. I QUIT THE DAMN TERMINAL BECAUSE I WAS DONE WITH IT.

I shouldn't have to do command-option-Q to properly quit things. I should be able to turn it off. I'll give it 7 days time, chances are I'll reinstall Snow Leopard and eat the $30.

Edit: Also turns out if you change moving through pages back to three finger like Snow Leopard, it's broken in the finder until you click the back button once, then it works. It also appears that if you move from the "FileVault" tab in system preferences it stops encrypting the drive. WTF.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.