Command Key popped off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by littlevish, Feb 3, 2008.

1. littlevish macrumors member

My left command key just randomly came off when I pressed it a minute ago. It doesn't pop back into place either.

How can I get it back on?

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

is there any damage on the keyboard or the key ?
    What kind of keyboard do you use ?

3. littlevish thread starter macrumors member

Oh, my bad, it's the standard macbook keyboard.

The key looks to be okay though, although I can't say I knew what it looked like before it came off.

4. littlevish thread starter macrumors member

Hmm upon further examination it appears a tiny piece of plastic broke off the actual key itself. Part of one of the little clips came off.

Is there any chance of re-attaching this myself, or am I going to have to drive 2 hours to the nearest Apple store :(

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

some guys are selling keys on ebay, try to find one there. If you don't find one buy a new keyboard an sell your keys over there ...

6. cygni macrumors regular

cygni

In my experience, :mad: there is no way to get it back on, you have to replace the keyboard. Yeah, I know, sucks.

Sowwy, I didn't see it is a MacBook!
    Yes, you can replace it. Like the previous poster wrote, ebay or call apple to mail a replacement?

7. mr.light macrumors 6502

They have to replace these things at my school all the time. My students have a habit of picking them off (wish I could catch one in the act!)The tech guys keep old keyboards for this reason. There are two different types of clips from what I understand. they are easily replaced if you know how. I am sure the clips can be purchased and a quick search should show what is involved in replacing them.