Command+Tab and Expose acting funny.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrjoelcarter, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mrjoelcarter macrumors newbie

On a day-to-day basis I run: Adobe PS, INDD, and AI, Microsoft Entourage, Firefox and iTunes. Just recently, after an upgrade to Leopard, I added Things and Simplify Media to the list.

The problem that happens before (on Tiger) and now (on Leopard) is command+tab switching stops functioning and Expose hot corners and shortcuts stop working.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Finder crash because before, on Tiger, I could quit+restart Firefox and everything would be back to normal. Almost as if some shortcut had causes the system to act differently or there was some app dissonance?

But now, with Leopard, nothing I quit will cause these two features to act properly until I do a restart. Both features (command+tab switching and expose) are very necessary for my work flow. I have checked SysPref to make sure keyboard shortcuts are default and Univeral Access to make sure assisted devices is turned off.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

So it starts working when you restart. When does it stop working again? After you launch a certain application?

3. mrjoelcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

Good question. It doesn't stop working when any of the programs are initially launched. Sometimes it is 15 minutes into my work....other times it's 2 hours into my work.

I've quit the programs one-by-one to nothing...and it still doesn't come back. I even force quit Finder, but that doesn't change anything. All this is happening while the rest of the computer is running quite happily...there are no other danger signs.

I am a little twitchy on the keyboard. Lots of key shortcuts. I've wondered before if I'm hitting some unknown combo....but if that was the case, where would un-do what the combo did? Everything has been checked.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you can spare the time, I suggest launching applications gradually, one by one, until the problem recurs. Start out with only the OS running, and leave it on overnight.

5. mrjoelcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem Closed

Well, an update to Simplify Media seems to have cleared out the problem. Don't know how accidental or on purpose it was...but I'll take it.

Thank you for your time.