Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK
Just wanted to share the great CS (if long) I had today. Phone has a 'ink spot' screen burn (as Support described it). So arrive Churchill Square, Brighton store in plenty of time for 1.15pm appointment. Store supervisor (title?) checks me in and 20mins later I wave goodbye to phone as it's getting a new display MRI said it was just the display but burn was spreading). But unlike (US) support had said it's not two hours, it's four. Oh well. So go back at agreed time... Guys checked, another 15 mins. Asked then... be 5mins. So I sat down, got book out. Looked around a few times but so sign. Then I get approached and phone is returned. Almost too the minute it was five hours. New display is as expected fab and everything is as was installed. But is 2 hours normal in US just not here? Store was v busy with support and sales but what's been your experience of display replacements? And it was under warranty (reported it in Dec but hadn't been here enough and what with work to get appointment).

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
My local store in Greenville, SC took 1-1.5 hours for a screen replacement. This is not counting the time it took to get checked or explain my issue. The store was not super busy, but I'd have to guess it was an average day for them.

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Just wanted to share the great CS (if long) I had today. Phone has a 'ink spot' screen burn (as Support described it). So arrive Churchill Square, Brighton store in plenty of time for 1.15pm appointment. Store supervisor (title?) checks me in and 20mins later I wave goodbye to phone as it's getting a new display MRI said it was just the display but burn was spreading). But unlike (US) support had said it's not two hours, it's four. Oh well. So go back at agreed time... Guys checked, another 15 mins. Asked then... be 5mins. So I sat down, got book out. Looked around a few times but so sign. Then I get approached and phone is returned. Almost too the minute it was five hours. New display is as expected fab and everything is as was installed. But is 2 hours normal in US just not here? Store was v busy with support and sales but what's been your experience of display replacements? And it was under warranty (reported it in Dec but hadn't been here enough and what with work to get appointment).
Long wait but at least it's all sorted now.

Out of interest did they mark the phone at all at the bottom opening it up?
I sent my original launch day iPhone 7 off to Apple for repair and it came back with visible marks at the bottom where they had opened it up. Luckily I've had a replacement in store since then due to the problem it was sent off for not being fixed.

jimrichardson90

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
DC

When I worked there 1-2 hours was average. It honestly takes the guys repairing the phones a minute or less to swap the screens, calibration takes 10-15 minutes. The reason we quote longer is because we typically have 5-6 phones waiting for screen repairs and 1 or 2 calibration machines.

Reactions: willmtaylor

akidd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Tunbridge Wells, UK
Long wait but at least it's all sorted now.

Out of interest did they mark the phone at all at the bottom opening it up?
I sent my original launch day iPhone 7 off to Apple for repair and it came back with visible marks at the bottom where they had opened it up. Luckily I've had a replacement in store since then due to the problem it was sent off for not being fixed.
No Deano, it was fine. Screen needed a wipe though!

Reactions: deano1972
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.