Comments about the new iphone/ipad this fall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by engg2000, Jul 13, 2011.

1. engg2000 macrumors regular

I just wanted to comment about the rumors regarding the possibility of a new iPad.
    After reading many comments, just wondering why many people can't believe Apple will roll out a new iPad this fall?

If you think about it, a new iPad (& new iPhone) MUST happen before Christmas.

AT&T & Rogers (in Canada) are both rolling out LTE networks this fall. Do those who doubt really think Apple will allow another tablet or phone get ahead in tech specs right before Christmas?
    Really?
    iPad & iPhone 4 is not LTE compatible. Droid phones and tablets are ready....http://engt.co/dUcwGy

They have to update iPad at least with LTE capable specs and Mr. Jobs will not pass up the opportunity to explain what iPad LTE is capable of compared to the iPad 2 on 3G.

Also, it makes more sense to bring an HD or hi-res iPad if bandwidth was available and now, it is.

What do you think?

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Don't get hung up on specs. Apple won't add LTE if it degrades the user experience (battery life) which is a big complaint at the moment.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5259f)

Apple isn't upgrading to LTE for a while. The first iPhone didn't have 3G although at the time it was readily availible.

4. motty2307 macrumors regular

That's the thing about Apple. When they do something they (almost always) do it right. If it degrades the user experience they will continue to work on it and roll it out once they've perfected it.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I can't wait for majority of people to switch to LTE, then 3G speeds will be great.

Also, it's not about specs. If it was then the most popular phone would be an Android.
    There's a reason why the iPhone is the best consumer phone, and Apple isn't going to kill it. I read an article which said that the currently LTE chips would make the iPhone have a horrible battery life, and would affect it's performance similar to some Android 4G phones.

I don't know about an HD iPad, but i do know that we'll see an iPhone 5 this fall released with iOS 5.

^This

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Dude you've posted this same thing 18 times today... Why?

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

There should be an automatic action to merge all the ' lets discuss the ip5' type threads into one big thread to stop the forum being saturated !

Just a thought.

:)

8. The Game 161 macrumors G4

The Game 161

There's no logic to suggest there will be an new iPad this year

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What do I think?

Only mega geeks like you care about LTE.

The rest of us couldn't give two hoots.

10. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

My only frustration with a new ipad is that i just bought my first ipad (2nd gen) a few weeks ago thinking that another one wouldn't be out until next year.

If all it adds is an HD screen and LTE (which it probably won't have LTE), then i won't really care. If it adds anything of substance then i will be a bit aggravated.

As far as the new iPhone, i haven't heard anything out-of-this-world impressive being added (yet), but nothing has been made official either.